Little Jane just turned two months old, and we are finding our groove. Even with Jane being our third addition I still feel like a new mama. Things have changed in the five years since I had my second child, and I'm loving some of the new mama basics I have found.
- Nursing cover - My Covered Goods nursing cover has been essential! This cover is perfect; it is very lightweight and stretchy. We don't get hot when we use this cover and that's important in the summer heat. I like that it has full coverage, and I don't feel exposed at all. I carry our nursing cover with us everywhere, and it has been so helpful for feedings on the go. Covered goods also makes a versatile product: you can also use the cover as a car seat carrier cover and when baby is older it's great to cover the shopping cart seats.
- Essential oils - I used essential oils throughout my pregnancy and now love that I can use them with Jane. Our favorites right now are lavender which I diffuse with orange when she is getting fussy. Also, I have been using Gentle Babies when she has any skin irritations. I dilute it with sunflower oil and see relief so quickly. For my recovery I used this new mama spray; it is made with essential oils and is a great natural alternative for postpartum recovery.
- Mason Jar Tumbler - I carry my Mason Bar Company tumbler with me everywhere. I mean it. It helps keep me hydrated and fits perfectly in Jane's diaper bag.
- Teething Necklace - I love wearing big, fun necklaces, but with a baby that is not always convenient. They want to chew on my jewelry, so now I have the perfect new mama necklace for once Jane starts teething.
- Encouragement - A little encouragement goes a long way, especially for an exhausted new mama. This print is a good reminder to mamas that they are enough and they are doing a good job.
These are great for new mamas whether it's the first child or the fifth.